March 24, 2020
A letter to our Smokiez Family,
In a time of uncertainty and anxiety due to the Covid-19 global pandemic, we are all having to change around daily routines in order to protect ourselves as well as others. But – just because some things have to change doesn’t mean you have to let go of what you love!
Smokiez Edibles® will always have your back, especially during quarantine periods and social distancing. With 10 pieces to a pack, Smokiez® is the perfect option to help you get through the long days at home. If you want to increase the longevity of your edibles even further, you can use one edible for multiple doses! Don’t worry – it’ll still do the trick 😉
Really though, our team is working as hard as possible to ensure that we continue to provide safe products for all of our customers. As the situation surrounding Covid-19 rapidly changes, we will continue to evolve our response to it. We know that uncertainty is apparent, and that extreme precautions need to be taken to ensure the safety and health of everyone. Here at Smokiez®, this is our number one priority. We have put in place strict policies and procedures for all of our employees to follow to make sure we accomplish this goal. A few of these strict new guidelines are as follows:
NEW Company Kitchen & Delivery Procedures:
• If an employee must come in for work (i.e. cooking & candy packing), they as always must wear gloves. If they touch any part of their face, they are required to wash their hands for at least 20-30 seconds with soap and water, and use new gloves.
• Absolutely no cellphones are allowed out in the kitchen, and they cannot be touched while cooking or packing candy.
• Face masks must be worn at all times while working in our kitchens.
• Our kitchens are disinfected thoroughly at the end of every work day with non-hazardous cleaning supplies. An on-sight manager will ensure the cleanliness of the kitchen before confirming it is up to health-standards for the following day.
• All delivery drivers are required to wear gloves, shaking hands is strictly prohibited.
• If we can complete payments with a check, that would be much preferred. If payments must be made using cash, we will thoroughly disinfect all money received.
NEW Company Policies:
• If any of our employees or anyone in their family is sick, they are required to get checked by a medical professional.
• If their medical fees are not covered by health insurance or any form of government relief, Smokiez will pay for their copay, and this applies to any member of their family.
• If our employees are able to work from home, they are required to do so.
• If an employee is able to provide documentation, then we will pay for them full-time to stay home.
We understand the severity of this situation, and our team is working as hard as possible to ensure that we continue to provide safe products for all of our customers.
If you have any concerns or follow-up questions regarding this information, please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly. We thank you for your continued support during this difficult time, we’ll always have your back.
The Smokiez® Family